Thursday 25 June 2009

Good luck everyone!

It's nearly time to go - well, for me anyway! I fly out at 9.30 Friday morning to Birmingham, then to Edinburgh, then to Skavsta in Sweden. A 50-mile coach ride takes me to my overnight stop in Stockholm, where it's an early start on Saturday. Another 50-mile coach trip takes me to the port of Kapellskar for a 9am sailing to Mariehamn. With the 1-hour time difference between Sweden and Finland, my 2-hour crossing should arrive in Mariehamn at 12 noon on Saturday.

The team have most of tomorrow for last-minute packing before their early-evening flight. They will arrive in Aland quite late, around 11pm, but it will still be fully light. I have just had a look at the webcam, and although after midnight local time it is barely even dusk!! The weather is still fabulous there, and the long range forecast is for unbroken sunshine until at least Tuesday and probably beyond.

Best of luck to the whole team. Enjoy the whole experience, be proud to represent the Isle of Man and give it everything you've got! See you there on Saturday afternoon - I'm looking forward to it as much as you all are!

No comments:

Post a Comment