Saturday 1 August 2009

DVDs now available

After putting in a lot of time and hard work over the last 3 weeks, I am now able to supply copies of the DVD I have produced from my video coverage of the athletics in Aland. The coverage actually fills 2 DVDs, a total of just over 4 hours and 15 minutes. This sounds like a lot, but believe me I had to cut a lot out as I filmed around 7 and a half hours altogether! It’s not meant to be anything other than an amateur production, but it’s far better and much more comprehensive than the one I did after the Rhodes Games 2 years ago.

Every event contested by an IOM athlete is featured, including heats/semi-finals/qualifying. The majority (though not quite all) of the running events of distances up to and including 1500m are shown in full, with fairly extended highlights of the longer races. I didn’t get every throw or jump by an IOM athlete during the field events as some clashed with other events going on, but at least some are included from every event.

Every medal ceremony involving IOM athletes is included, although some of the ones on the last day have been edited quite a bit as space was starting to run out – indeed it did run out halfway though the men’s 4x400m relay ceremony! I didn’t get as much of the Half Marathon as I would have liked because of the clash with so many other events going on at the same time, but all 4 IOM runners are seen at the start, halfway and at the end.

There are lots of post-race shots including (though I say it myself) some superb footage of Sarah’s and Harriet’s reactions in the minutes immediately after the 400m Final – probably my favourite bit of the whole film! There are close-ups of several of the Manx Radio interviews. I also did a bit of filming round the school on one of the days I visited the team’s HQ, and some of this is included too.

I do not want any payment myself for the DVDs other than covering costs, but would like everyone who requests copies to make a donation to the IOM Athletics Association. I will ask for this to be allocated to the travel fund for the 2011 Games. Can I suggest a minimum donation of £15 for the set of 2 DVDs? I feel this is reasonable for well over 4 hours of great memories from Aland (or to see what you missed if you weren't there!), the hard work I have put in to produce them, and the fact that it will all help the team to travel to the Isle of Wight in 2011. Yes, I know you can probably get round this by borrowing your friend’s copy and burning a copy yourself - but I would expressly ask you NOT to do this please!

If you would like a copy of the 2-DVD set, please email me on griffmuss at manx dot net,
and I will arrange to get copies to you very shortly. If you’re on the boat to the Northern League on Sunday I can bring your copies then. Please make a cheque payable to Isle of Man AA, which I will pass onto Cheryl Pryke.

No comments:

Post a Comment